Monday, January 30, 2012

My Photo Project: Helping Shelters

"Every year over 6 million animals are euthanized in shelters for lack of available homes." I found this startling fact in this article. This number is awful. But I've seen articles online urging photographers to volunteer taking photos at shelters. When the photographers are better the animals are more "adoptable." I've made it my personal mission to donate my photography services to 10 shelters a year. 

I also urge other photographers to consider helping shelters. A good picture makes a world of difference. 

So this brings me to the subject of my blog post: Shelter #1, Companion Pet Rescue. CRN is a network of foster homes in TN and CT and they have an adoption center in Southbury, CT. That is where I went to take pictures of some sweet doggies! Here they are :













No comments:

Post a Comment